открытое учебное занятие. Кравцова О.С.
План учебного занятия по английскому языку в 6 классе.
Тема: “Countries and Continents” («Страны и Континенты»)
Тип урока: комбинированный
Цели урока: Практическая: совершенствовать навыки чтения, говорения, понимания речи на слух (аудирование).
Развивающая: развивать навыки коммуникативной компетенции учащихся,
тренировать их речемыслительные процессы (память, мышление, восприятие, воображение, внимание);
Воспитательная: привить интерес к культуре и «географической» культуре
стран мира, мотивировать учащихся к изучению английского языка.
Задачи: - активизировать и расширить страноведческие знания учащихся по данной теме;
- развивать произносительные навыки;
- совершенствовать навыки аудирования и монологической речи;
- продолжить развитие интереса у учащихся к изучаемому языку.
Необходимое оборудование и материалы:
- карточки с заданием;
- наглядные материалы.
I. Организационный момент (Учитель представляется классу и объявляет тему и цели урока)
Hello, boys and girls, I’m very glad to be with you today. At first let`s guess the topic of our lesson. I’ll read you a passage of a poem; you have to listen to it carefully and try to guess the topic of the lesson.
The earth is a garden,
It’s a beautiful place
For all living creatures,
For all the human race.
So, what’s the topic of the lesson? Right you are.
Today we’ll have a virtual “Round the World Tour”, revise everything you know about countries and continents, know some interesting facts about the countries.
1. The planet we live on is the Earth. The Earth is round. If you look at the Earth from space you will be able to see land, seas, oceans, continents and even countries.
How many continents are there in the world? (six)
What are they? Let`s name them (Europe and Asia, North America, Australia, Africa, South America, Antarctica )
Look at our Earth. It is without continents. Let`s guess the riddle and stick the continent on the Earth.
1. This continent is washed by the Pacific Ocean in the east, the Atlantic in the west, the Indian Ocean in the South. It is the biggest in the world . (Europe and Asia)
2. This continent was discovered by Columbus. (North America)
3. This continent is the smallest. Some people call it “big island”. (Australia)
4. This continent is the hottest in the world. (Africa)
5. This continent is washed by the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans. The biggest river is the Amazon. (South America)
6. This continent is situated in the most south point of the Earth and is covered by ice. (Antarctica)
2. Look at our Earth. Say what countries do you know?
Now it’s the turn to guess the countries.
1. This country lies in Northern part of American continent. It has two official languages – English and French. The most popular sport is hockey.
2. It is one of the parts of the UK. This country is famous for tartans, bagpipe music and golden eagles.
3. The largest country in the world. The birch tree is the symbol of this country.
4. This country is located in Europe. The official language is French. It is famous for the Eiffel Tower.
5. The capital of this country is Rome. This country is famous for pizza.
6. It is a country in Central Europe. The capital of this country is Berlin.
7. It has two official languages – Hindi and English. It lies in South Asia.
8. This country is washed by the Red Sea. It is famous for Pyramid
9. It lies in North America and consists of 50 states. This country is famous for skyscrapers.
3. Every country has own symbols. I give you cards and you should match the symbols with the places and definitions.
The maple leaf
is the symbol of Russia.
The white dove
is the symbol of Australia.
is the symbol of peace.
The red rose
is the national flag of America.
“Stars and Stripes”
is the national symbol of England.
The birch tree
is the symbol of Canada.
“Good Save the Queen”
is the national anthem of the UK.
4. Физкультминутка. I see that you are tired. Let`s have a rest and do some physical exercises.
5. You know that English language is an international language. Many countries use it as their official language. What English speaking countries do you know? ( England, Scotland, Australia, Canada…) Every country has their flag. Now we will watch the video about English speaking countries and then match countries with their flag. (Pupils are watching the video).
6. Great Britain consist of 4 countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. (Listening to the text about Scotland and fill in missing words). Read the dialogue and fill in missing words.
Teacher: Good morning, everybody! We are going to have a quiz about Scotland, a country of …. . Our contestants today are Yan, Pavel and Masha. Question number one. What is the …. of Scotland?
Yan: Over 5 million people.
Teacher: Correct! What is the …. of Scotland?
Pavel: I don`t know.
Masha: Bigger than Belarus.
Pavel: Smaller than Belarus.
Teacher: The …. is 78,8 sq/km. The next question. Which country is colder in summer: Scotland or Belarus?
Yan: I think Scotland.
Teacher: Yes, Yan. Summer temperature in Scotland are 15-18 C. It is warmer in Belarus. And what is the …. of Scotland?
Teacher: It`s in Scotland but it`s not the …. . Yan?
Teacher: Right! Question number 6. Where is Scotland?
Pavel: It …. to the North of England.
Teacher: Very good, Pavel. What …. do people speak in Scotland?
Teacher: Correct. And the last question. What is Scotland …. ?
Masha: Bagpipe music.
Teacher: Very good, Masha.
Yan: Tartans and …. .
Teacher: Well done, Yan. You are the winner!
7. So, boys and girls! What country would you like to visit?
Домашнее задание. Page. 53, exercise 2a. read and translate the text.
Рефлексия. So children, you have worked well at the lesson today. I hope that you learned something new at the lesson and found out new facts about countries and continents. I liked your activity at the lesson. Thank you very much. And your marks for today. I give you… you were very active today, often raise your hands and answer without mistakes. You also were very active, but you have mistakes in pronunciation.
|< Предыдущая||Следующая >|